How do I display a post in a shortcode?
The Display Posts Shortcode allows you to add a list of your blog posts to different pages….But, when you publish your page, you’ll see the result of the shortcode.
- Edit a page, post, or text widget.
- Add the shortcode [display-posts] in a post or page.
- Publish or Update your page/post.
How do I display the contents of a shortcode in WordPress?
To use short codes inside your WordPress Widgets sidebar:
- Log in to the WordPress Dashboard with your login details.
- In the navigation menu, click “Pages”
- Click the Page you want to edit.
- Click “Text”
- Add shortcode.
- Click “Update” to save your changes. Now you can insert shortcuts into a text widget as well as content.
How do I show posts on WordPress?
WordPress comes with a built-in default widget to display recent posts in your site’s sidebar or any widget-ready area. In your WordPress dashboard, go to Appearance » Widgets and add the ‘Latest Posts’ widget block to your sidebar. You can then customize the appearance of your recent posts in the sidebar.
How do I create a post shortcode in WordPress?
How to Use the Random Posts Shortcode in a Page or Post
- Log into your WordPress Dashboard.
- Under Posts select Add New.
- Add a title to your post.
- In the main post body, add the following short-code with brackets included: [random-posts]
- Click the Preview link.
How do I show thumbnails in WordPress posts?
Step 1: Go to the plugin area of your WordPress admin panel. Step 2: Search for a new plugin called, “Magic Post Thumbnail.” Install and activate it. Step 3: A new function will be added to the settings area of WordPress called, “Magic Post Thumbnail.” Click this setting.
How do I show posts from a specific category in WordPress?
Simply go to the Appearance » Widgets page and add the ‘Latest Posts’ block to your sidebar. By default, the block will show your most recent posts. You edit the block settings and scroll to the ‘Sorting & Filtering’ section. From here, you can choose the category that you want to display posts from.
How do I show tags by post in WordPress?
Login into WordPress admin panel and go to Appearance -> Menus. Find your primary menu, and select it. Now, click on Screen Options button in the upper right corner, and check option Tags.
How do I see all posts on a WordPress page?
List All WordPress Posts on Your Homepage. If you’d like all your posts displayed on your front page along with the content of the posts, you can easily do that by going to the Reading Settings screen (Settings > Reading) and changing the number of posts to show to something more than the number of posts you have.
What is a post thumbnail?
Featured images (also sometimes called Post Thumbnails) are images that represent an individual Post, Page, or Custom Post Type. When you create your Theme, you can output the featured image in a number of different ways, on your archive page, in your header, or above a post, for example.
How do I get recent posts to show thumbnails in WordPress?
Using The WordPress Dashboard
- Navigate to the ‘Add New’ in the plugins dashboard.
- Search for ‘Recent Posts Widget With Thumbnails’
- Click ‘Install Now’
- Activate the plugin on the Plugin dashboard.
- Go to ‘Appearance’ => ‘Widgets’ and select ‘Recent Posts Widget With Thumbnails’
How do I show all posts on one page?
First you will need to create a custom page template and copy the styling from your page. php file. After that, you will use a loop below to display all posts in one page. $wpb_all_query = new WP_Query( array ( ‘post_type’ => ‘post’ , ‘post_status’ => ‘publish’ , ‘posts_per_page’ =>-1));?>