What was the number one song on July 1 1961?
List of Cash Box Top 100 number-one singles of 1961
|June 17||Travelin’ Man||Ricky Nelson|
|July 1||Quarter To Three||Gary U.S. Bonds|
What was the most listened to song in 1960s?
20 Biggest Songs of the Summer: The 1960s
- The Box Tops, “The Letter”
- Four Tops, “I Can’t Help Myself (Sugar Pie Honey Bunch)”
- The Archies, “Sugar, Sugar”
- The Rascals, “People Got To Be Free”
- The Four Seasons, “Sherry”
- Elvis Presley With the Jordanaires, “It’s Now or Never”
- Bobby Lewis, “Tossin’ and Turnin'”
Did the song come out in 1961?
The Top 100, as revealed in the edition of Billboard dated January 6, 1962, is based on Hot 100 charts from the issue dates of January through November 1961….Billboard Year-End Hot 100 singles of 1961.
|1||“Tossin’ and Turnin'”||Bobby Lewis|
|2||“I Fall to Pieces”||Patsy Cline|
What was the number one song in 1961?
The Shirelles hit #1 with “Will You Love Me Tomorrow” in 1961.
What was No 1 in the charts in 1961?
Elvis Presley had the best-selling single of 1961 with “Wooden Heart (Muss i denn)”, which spent eleven weeks in the top 10, six of which were at number-one.
What was the number one love song in 1961?
I Love How You Love Me – The Paris Sisters The Paris Sisters may not be remembered much today, but they were at the top of the charts in 1961 with this love song.
What was the number 1 hit song in 1961?
What was number one August 1961?
UK Number Ones in 1961
|Helen Shapiro||You Dont Know||08-08-1961|
|Eden Kane||Well I Ask You||01-08-1961|
|The Everly Brothers||Temptation||18-07-1961|
What were the biggest hits in 1961?
Top 100 Hits of 1961/Top 100 Songs of 1961
- Tossin’ and Turnin’ – Bobby Lewis.
- I Fall to Pieces – Patsy Cline.
- Michael – The Highwaymen.
- Crying – Roy Orbison.
- Runaway – Del Shannon.
- My True Story – The Jive Five.
- Pony Time – Chubby Checker.
- Wheels – String-a-longs.