What is the synonym of contrite?
In this page you can discover 24 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for contrite, like: regretful, repentent, penitent, remorseful, humbled, regret, repentant, apologetic, ashamed, sorry and sorrowful.
What are synonyms for late?
- Synonyms for late. behind, behindhand, belated, delinquent, latish, overdue, tardy.
- Words Related to late. delayed, detained, postponed. dallying, dawdling, dilatory,
- Near Antonyms for late. opportune, seasonable, timely. prompt, punctual.
- Antonyms for late. early, inopportune, precocious, premature, unseasonable, untimely.
What is the synonym of time honor?
synonyms for time-honored classical. conventional. customary. long-established. usual.
What does the word penitents mean?
: feeling or expressing humble or regretful pain or sorrow for sins or offenses : repentant. penitent. noun. Definition of penitent (Entry 2 of 2) 1 : a person who repents of sin.
What are antonyms for contrite?
antonyms for contrite
How do you say Late formally?
“I’m sorry for being late.” When the meeting or planned event hasn’t started yet, but you know you are going to be late, it is polite to call and tell people that you are going to be late. I’m sorry, but I’m going to be late. I’m sorry, but I’m not going to make our 9am meeting.
How do you say it is too late?
What is compound word of time-honored?
Definition of time-honored : honored because of age or long usage time-honored traditions.
What is penitent heart?
Memories of a Penitent Heart is a brave and honest exhumation of buried resentments that ultimately reveals how reflections on grief, betrayal and love bring us closer to reconciliation.
What is a contrite and humble spirit?
Those who have a broken heart and a contrite spirit are willing to do anything and everything that God asks of them, without resistance or resentment. We cease doing things our way and learn to do them God’s way instead. In such a condition of submissiveness, the Atonement can take effect and true repentance can occur.
How do you use contrite in a sentence?
Contrite sentence example
- I’m sure God has forgiven their little transgressions and the two of them are contrite for their actions.
- I tried to look contrite.
- The sacrifice acceptable to God is a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.
Is contrite positive or negative?
We are sorry to inform you that the adjective contrite means regretful, remorseful, or even guilty.
Would you say to late or too late?
To is a preposition with several meanings, including “toward” and “until.” Too is an adverb that can mean “excessively” or “also.” Just to be clear: two is pronounced the same as to and too, but it can’t be used instead of either of them because it’s a number.