What is the meaning of sharper in English?
Definition of sharper : cheat sense 2 especially : a cheating gambler.
Is there a word sharper?
Sharper definition Comparative form of sharp: more sharp. (dated) A swindler; a cheat; a professional gambler who makes his living by cheating.
Is it sharper or more sharp?
The comparative form of sharp; more sharp.
What type of word is sharper?
adjective, sharp·er, sharp·est. having a thin cutting edge or a fine point; well-adapted for cutting or piercing: a sharp knife.
What does looking sharp mean?
be alert and quick
to be alert and quick. If you want to get ahead, you must look sharp.
Is sharper a word in Scrabble?
SHARPER is a valid scrabble word.
What is the comparative of Sharp?
You add -er (comparative) or -est (superlative) to the adjective….
What is the comparative of Sharper?
It’s “sharper.” If an adjective has one syllable, you make comparative by adding “-er”. Using “more + [a one-syllable adjective] is not an accepted alternative.
What is the superlative of Sharper?
How do you use the word sharp?
Sharp sentence example
- Somewhere up ahead was a sharp turn.
- The wound opened again and the salt he threw into it drew a sharp response from her.
- I felt a sharp sting as the blade cut.
- The only thing she accomplished was cutting her hands on the sharp rocks.
How can I look sharper?
- Pack for wrinkle-free clothes. Advertisement.
- Get a black belt in tie-tying. Advertisement.
- Learn to shave with a straight razor.
- De-grease unwashed hair.
- Freshen your breath without mints.
- Get a sharp-looking suit on the cheap.
- Give your shoes a drill-instructor-approved polish.
- Fix your clothing choices with hangers.
What does pretty sharp mean?
intelligent; quick to learn You’re a pretty sharp kid. Thesaurus. smart.
What is superlative of Sharp?
Comparative. sharper. Superlative. sharpest. The superlative form of sharp; most sharp.
What is the positive degree of Sharp?
The Three Degrees of Comparison
|Positive Degree||Comparative Degree||Superlative Degree|
|precise (adjective)||more precise||most precise|
What is sharp example?
Sharp means having a point or edge that is good for cutting or a sudden change. An example of something sharp is a knife. An example of sharp used as an adjective is the phrase a sharp turn which means a turn that suddenly changes direction.
What does it mean when a girl is sharp?
adj having or showing a keen intelligence; perceptive. ♦ sharp-wittedly adv.