What is MyKey on Ford Mustang?
MyKey is a feature that allows you to program keys with restricted driving modes to promote good driving habits. You can program the restrictions to all keys but one. Any keys that you did not program are administrator or admin keys.
How do I turn off MyKey on Mustang?
Ford MyKey Disable Instructions
- After starting the car, wait for the onboard computer to load.
- Locate the main menu on the screen using your steering-wheel-mounted controls.
- Select “Settings” by pressing “OK.”
- Scroll to the “MyKey” option and press “OK.”
- Search for the option that says “Clear MyKey.”
How do I set up MyKey on my Mustang?
Access the main menu on the information display controls and select Settings, then MyKey by pressing OK or the > button. Press OK or the > button to select Create MyKey.
How do I turn off MyKey key limit Ford?
Select “Settings,” then click “OK.” Find “MyKey” and select “OK” once more. Here you will find a menu, which you can navigate through with the arrow keys. When you find the Ford MyKey volume limit feature, turn the limit off.
How do I use Ford MyKey?
Insert the key you want to program into the ignition. If your vehicle is equipped with a push-button start, place the intelligent access key fob into the backup slot. Start your vehicle. Settings > MyKey > Create MyKey > Hold the OK button until you see a message prompting you to label the key as a MyKey.
How much does it cost to reset MyKey?
I went to the Ford dealership and asked that they clear the MyKey program. They said that the ONLY way to clear it was to get a new admin key made (at a cost of $350) and for me to clear the MyKeys myself.
How do I reset MyKey on my 2011 Mustang?
Ford Mustang Owners Manual: Clearing all MyKeys
- Access the main menu of your information display and press SETUP until PRESS RESET TO CLEAR MYKEY displays.
- Press and release the RESET button.
- Press and hold the RESET button for two seconds until ALL MYKEYS CLEARED displays.
How much is a Ford Admin key?
How do you program a Ford MyKey?
How do I turn off MyKey without admin?
Go to MyKey menu in your instrument cluster and execute Clear MyKeys option . You now have MyKey removed.
Can a Ford dealership clear MyKey?
ANSWER: To clear the current MyKey settings, you would need to have a new Admin key created for your vehicle. If you would like to contact our service department, we can give you an estimate or the part and programming at our dealership. ANSWER: A key with the MyKey restrictions will not let you clear the settings.
How do I reprogram my Ford key?
Instructions on How to Program a Ford Key Fob
- Close the car doors, then open the driver-side door. Press the UNLOCK button on the driver-side door.
- Next, turn the ignition from OFF to RUN 8 times.
- Press any button on the Ford key fob to be programmed.
- Have a second remote Ford key fob?
- Finally, turn the ignition to OFF.
Can a locksmith remove MyKey?
Re: Disable mykey I had to call a locksmith. You have both keys, so there won’t be the added expense of cutting a second key. If your dealer is good, they might do it for no charge if you take your car for an oil change, or some other maintenance.
How do I uninstall MyKey?
You can clear or change your MyKey settings as long as you do not turn off the vehicle after you create the MyKey….Using the information display
- Select Settings.
- Select MyKey.
- Select Clear MyKey.
- Hold the OK button until you see a message indicating that all MyKeys have been cleared.