What is a plight easy definition?
: an unfortunate, difficult, or precarious situation.
What is an example of a plight?
Plight is a bad or unfortunate situation. An example of plight is living in poverty. To become engaged to marry. To give one’s solemn oath.
What does PLI mean in plight?
Word Origin for plight C14 plit, from Old French pleit fold, plait; probably influenced by Old English pliht peril, plight ²
What is plentifully mean?
plentiful, ample, abundant, copious mean more than sufficient without being excessive. plentiful implies a great or rich supply.
Is Blite a word?
Yes, blite is in the scrabble dictionary.
How do you use the word plight?
Plight sentence example
- You don’t know what a plight he had to endure.
- I’m so sorry to hear of your dogs’ plight.
- Many thought this illness had changed him from a slightly arrogant young man into one who was sympathetic to the plight of others.
What is the synonym of plight?
Synonyms & Near Synonyms for plight. anxiety, predicament, tribulation, trouble.
How do I use plight in a sentence?
What does PLI stand for?
pounds per linear inch.
What is amply mean?
What does amply mean? Amply means fully, sufficiently, or abundantly. It is the adverb form of ample, which means enough—sufficient or adequate. Ample can also mean more than enough—plentiful or abundant.
What is the meaning of word superabundant?
adjective. exceedingly or excessively abundant; more than sufficient; excessive.
What is the opposite of plight?
Antonyms & Near Antonyms for plight. delight, joy, pleasure.
Does plight mean problem?
If you refer to someone’s plight, you mean that they are in a difficult or distressing situation that is full of problems.
How do you use plight?
Plight in a Sentence 🔉
- Because he was homeless and penniless, Jason’s plight was a miserable one.
- Most wealthy people are unaware of the plight suffered by people who are hungry and homeless.
- After losing her home in a hurricane, Elizabeth shared her plight with a news reporter.
What is the antonym of plight?
noun. ( ˈplaɪt) A situation from which extrication is difficult especially an unpleasant or trying one. Antonyms. disorganize disorganise injudiciousness break agitate worry dissuade.
What is a antonym for plight?
How do you use superficially?
How to use Superficially in a sentence
- He did this fully and carefully in the gospels, but somewhat superficially in the epistles.
- Although superficially intact, even number five was warmed through.
- When heated in air the metal burns if in the form of thin wire, and is superficially oxidized if more compact.