What are the basics of podcasting?
Have all of this stuff handy for later—you’ll thank me for it.
- Choose a Podcast Topic You Can Commit To.
- Pick Your Podcast Name.
- Write a Compelling Podcast Description.
- Decide on Your Podcast Format.
- Get Your Podcast Artwork and Music Created.
- Purchase Your Podcast Equipment and Test Your Podcasting Software.
How do I practice podcasting?
10 Best Practices Every New Podcaster Needs to Know
- Be realistic about time.
- Create a consistent publishing schedule.
- Do a few trial runs first.
- Invest in quality microphones.
- Be prepared to edit and add production value.
- Do your homework on iTunes.
- Make sure you’re passionate about your topic.
- Promote, promote, promote.
What platforms does libsyn use?
We Connect You to Grow your podcast audience with a listing in Apple Podcasts and podcast hosting that publishes directly to Spotify, Google Podcasts, Pandora, and many more of your audience’s favorite platforms.
How long should a Beginners podcast be?
Ideal length of a podcast: 22 minutes The science of attention spans supports this number, too.
What do you say in your first podcast episode?
How to structure your intro episode
- Address your audience, welcome them to the show.
- Introduce yourself as the host of the show. Include your name.
- Mention what inspired you to start your podcast.
- Talk about the release schedule.
- Explain the podcast’s structure.
- Say goodbye and share where people can find more:
How do you start a podcast for beginners?
The Steps of starting a podcast:
- Work on podcast name and niche.
- Get your podcast cover image.
- Get Podcast intro + outro music.
- Get Podcasting equipment.
- Create an environment and process.
- Record your first podcast.
- Get Podcast hosting.
- Upload & publish your first podcast.
How much does it cost to host a podcast on Libsyn?
You can’t use Libsyn for free, but you can get an account there for as little as $5 a month. Throw in another $2 and you’ll get basic stats too.
Can you do a podcast alone?
A solo podcast episode is an episode consisting of only the host elaborating on a topic they’re an expert on. Think of it as a TED Talk but without the live audience and all the pressure. Normally, a solo episode is shorter than an interview because, well, there’s only one person talking.
What should your first podcast include?
What is the average length of a podcast?
Overall average length Considering these extreme outliers, I decided to look at the median average: Based on a sample of 10 million episodes, the median podcast duration is 38 minutes and 42 seconds. In other words, half of all currently published podcast episodes are longer than 38:42. The other half are shorter.
What should I talk about on my first podcast?
Your favorite topic The first podcast idea is also the most obvious. A podcast about something you find enjoyable. This could be your favorite book series, movie genre, professional industry, or music scene. Avoid topics you don’t find interesting even if you think they would do well.
Is Podbean better than Libsyn?
Podbean offers unlimited hosting, a personal site, and a well-designed interface that’s easy to use. Libsyn’s additional features like mobile app, statistics, and storage cost extra. On the other hand, Podbean has very limited customer service available. Libsyn does not offer any free plans.
Which is better Libsyn or Buzzsprout?
With Buzzsprout, if you choose the $18 per month package, you get an upload time of 6 hours. Winner: Libsyn is better for beginner podcasters with smaller budgets. However, if you plan on uploading more than 6hrs of content per month, Buzzsprout becomes the cheaper option.
What makes a podcast bad?
Bad audio quality. Too many ad reads or annoying/irrelevant ad reads. Lack of preparation or planning.