What are some questions about weather and climate?
Just 5 questions: Weather vs. climate
- What’s the difference between climate and weather?
- This past winter was an especially cold and snowy one for parts of the US, Europe and elsewhere.
- In your view, what’s the most compelling piece of evidence for global warming?
- How is climate change affecting the weather, and why?
What are questions about weather?
1: How hard is it to predict the weather? 2: How does the wind start? 3: Why does the weather not just stay the same? 4: Why does the temperature drop when the sun rises in the morning?
What are the 5 things that affect weather and climate?
Factors that Influence Climate
- Elevation or Altitude effect climate. Normally, climatic conditions become colder as altitude increases.
- Prevailing global wind patterns.
- Effects of Geography.
- Surface of the Earth.
- Climate change over time.
What are the 7 questions about the climate crisis you might be embarrassed to ask?
7 Questions About the Climate Crisis You Might Be Embarrassed to…
- What exactly is “climate change”?
- What is causing this to happen?
- Are you sure this isn’t part of a natural cycle?
- Why is climate change a problem?
- Do scientists really agree on climate change?
- How is climate change affecting the planet right now?
What causes weather changes?
Changes in weather are primarily the result of a change in temperature, air pressure, and humidity in the atmosphere. When any of these three variables experience a substantial change, it can lead to a complete change in weather conditions.
What does the weather depend on?
There are six main components, or parts, of weather. They are temperature, atmospheric pressure, wind, humidity, precipitation, and cloudiness. Together, these components describe the weather at any given time.
What are the main threats of climate change?
Impacts. Humans and wild animals face new challenges for survival because of climate change. More frequent and intense drought, storms, heat waves, rising sea levels, melting glaciers and warming oceans can directly harm animals, destroy the places they live, and wreak havoc on people’s livelihoods and communities.
What factors cause climate?
Causes of Climate Change
- Heat-trapping Greenhouse Gases And The Earth’s Climate.
- Greenhouse Gases.
- Reflectivity or Absorption of the Sun’s Energy.
- Changes in the Earth’s Orbit and Rotation.
- Variations in Solar Activity.
- Changes in the Earth’s Reflectivity.
- Volcanic Activity.
What are the 2 main causes of weather?
Weather occurs primarily due to air pressure, temperature and moisture differences between one place to another. These differences can occur due to the sun angle at any particular spot, which varies by latitude from the tropics.
What can affect weather?
What causes weather?
- Temperature. Temperature describes how hot or cold the atmosphere is.
- Atmospheric pressure. Atmospheric pressure is a result of the weight and density of the air.
- Clouds. Clouds are visible masses of water vapour in our atmosphere.
- Wind. Wind is the movement of air in the sky.
What factors affect weather?
Weather can be defined as the condition of the atmosphere at any given time and place. Weather conditions are determined by six major factors: air temperature, air pressure, humidity of the air, amount and kind of cloud cover, amount and kind of precipitation, and speed and direction of the wind.