What are attributes of a coin?
Like geometric shapes, coins have characteristics and attributes that make them distinct from one another. These characteristics include color, face picture, value, and the feel of the outer edge of the coin.
What are the different values of coins?
Look at the different coins! A penny is worth ONE cent. A nickel is worth FIVE cents. A dime is worth TEN cents. A quarter is worth TWENTY-FIVE cents.
What is on the back of each coin?
Obverse (heads) is the front of the coin and the reverse (tails) is the back. Edge is the outer surface, which can have lettering, reeding, or be plain.
What are the two main identifying features of a US coin?
Parts of a Coin The front side (“heads”) of a coin. The back side (“tails”) of a coin.
What are the most sought after coins?
9 of the most valuable coins in the world
- The 1794 Flowing Hair Silver Dollar. picture alliance/Getty Images.
- The 1787 Brasher Doubloon.
- The 1787 Fugio cent.
- The 723 Umayyad Gold Dinar.
- The 1343 Edward III Florin.
- The 1943 Lincoln Head Copper Penny.
- The 2007 $1 Million Canadian Gold Maple Leaf.
- 1913 Liberty Head V Nickel.
What American coins are worth money?
Money That Sells: 8 Prized U.S. Coins in Circulation
- 1943 Lincoln Head Copper Penny.
- 1955 Doubled Die Penny.
- 1982 No Mint Mark Roosevelt Dime.
- 2004 Wisconsin State Quarter With Extra Leaf.
What coins should you keep?
14 valuable coins that could be hiding in your change
- 1894-S Barber dime.
- 1927-D Saint-Gaudens double eagle.
- 1955 doubled die Lincoln penny.
- 1879 $4 Gold Stella.
- 2008-W silver eagle reverse of 2007.
- Sacagawea Cheerios dollar.
- 2004 D Wisconsin quarter, Extra Leaf Low variety.
- 1972 doubled die obverse Lincoln Memorial cent. eBay.