How do you use local CocoaPods?
Whenever you have a local version you want to use in some other project, use the update-localpod script to update the local CocoaPod. It runs through all podspec files, and installed a version which points to the local repository instead of the remote. Update references in target project.
What is Podspec in CocoaPods?
A Podspec, or Spec, describes a version of a Pod library. One Pod, over the course of time, will have many Specs. It includes details about where the source should be fetched from, what files to use, the build settings to apply, and other general metadata such as its name, version, and description.
How do I add a local dependency in Podspec?
It’s not possible to set a local pod as a dependency, but it’s possible to set a pod’s source for a specific Podfile, which will work the same way. Then just run pod install and you will see both pods as a Development pods.
How do you use Podspec files?
Let’s jump right to it.
- Step 1: Create your Podspec Repository on Github.
- Step 2: Add your Private Repository to your CocoaPods Installation.
- Step 3: Create your Pod Repository on Github.
- Step 4: Generate the Pod Project.
- Step 5: Edit the Podspec File.
- Step 6: Add Code in your Pod.
- Step 7: Push your Pod in the Specs Repo.
How do I upload my framework to CocoaPods?
Uploading Your CocoaPod to GitHub
- First log into your account at GitHub.com.
- Create a New Repository by clicking the ➕ icon at the top-right of the screen. You can give it a name, description, and decide if it is open to the public or not. You should also choose a license.
- Next we’re gong to create a . podspec file.
How do you make a CocoaPods library?
Here is a quick overview of all the steps to create a pod:
- Set up Xcode project and necessary targets.
- Link to Github.
- Implement the pod.
- Write unit tests.
- Configure Travis CI and Codecov.
- Publish the pod.
How do I update my Podspec file?
How to Update your CocoaPods Library Version
- Update the pod version in your Podspec file.
- Push all the new files to your master branch.
- Create a tag for your new Pod version and push it:
- Check if your Pod passes verification using:
- Push your new Pod version using trunk:
How do I manually add a pod?
So, in order to create your own pod, follow the below mentioned five simple steps:
- Create repository in GitHub.
- Clone repo to MAC.
- Add your project code.
- Create a pod-spec file.
- Register your POD.
- Install pod in your project.
Can I use Swift package manager with CocoaPods?
Cocoapods and SwiftPM are some of the most popular package managers. By supporting both in your open-source library, you potentially increase the developers who will use it. 🚨Remember the most important thing all package managers want to know is where are the source files in order to distribute them.
How do you make a Cocoapods library?
How do I add Cocoapods to an existing project?
- Install CocoaPods on System. Step.1 Open Terminal and enter the following command:
- Create Podfile for Project. Step.
- Edit podfile. Note: Make sure we will edit podfile with Xcode not TextEdit etc.
- Install lib/framework. Now we have added our required lib/framework pod command pod ‘SwiftForms’
- Open Project with pods.
How do I upload my framework to Cocoapods?
How do I update my CocoaPods library?
How do you put a pod in CocoaPods?
- Install CocoaPods, if you have not done so already.
- Create your Podfile.
- Remove the submodule reference.
- Add a reference to the removed library in your Podfile.
- Run pod install.
How do I add CocoaPods to an existing project?
Can I use both CocoaPods and swift package manager?
Which of the following features would you support when preferring Carthage over CocoaPods?
Carthage is easy to integrate and easy to remove from the project if it doesn’t suit project needs. Carthage won’t touch your Xcode settings or project files. It just downloads and builds the dependencies so you have proper control on what you are doing. Building and updating lib(s) are easier with Carthage.
Where do you put CocoaPods?
Open the Podfile by selecting Tools | CocoaPods | Edit Podfile from the main menu….Install pods
- Place the caret at the code line where you add the pod, press ⌥ ⏎ , select Install, and press ⏎ .
- Click Install pods in the top-left corner of the editor window.
- From the main menu, select Tools | CocoaPods | Install.