How do you prepare your client for a facial?
How to Perform a Facial Treatment: 9 Step Guide
- 1.) HELP YOUR GUEST UNDERSTAND WHAT TO EXPECT.
- 2.) WRAP HAIR PRIOR TO PERFORMING THE FACIAL.
- 3.) CHOOSE APPROPRIATE PRODUCTS FOR THE PROFESSIONAL FACIAL TREATMENT.
- 4.) CLEANSE YOUR GUESTS SKIN.
- 5.) EXFOLIATE THE SKIN.
- 6.) MASSAGE YOUR GUEST’S FACIAL MUSCLES.
- 7.) APPLY A MASK.
What happens at a facial consultation?
The aesthetician/consultant is determining your basic skin type (dry, oily, combination, sensitive or normal) and skin conditions (acne, blackheads, whiteheads, aging, sun-damage, dehydration, etc.) This analysis allows them to choose appropriate products and treatments.
What questions should I ask at a skin consultation?
7 Questions to Ask Clients Before a Treatment
- 1) What are your skin goals?
- 2) Are you taking any medications, supplements, or vitamins?
- 3) Tell me about your diet and your water intake.
- 4) Tell me about your current regimen.
- 5) What’s your skin complexion?
- 6) Is your skin usually oily, dry or normal?
How do you do a virtual skin consultation?
My five-step process
- Step:1 Discuss your top skin concerns and goals. We will begin by going over a skin assessment and talk through your current skincare routine and goals.
- Step 2: Skin Analysis.
- Step 3: Review of your current products.
- Step 4: Your customized Skincare Routine.
- Step 5: Follow up.
What does a basic facial include?
Almost all facials consist of four basic steps: cleansing, exfoliating, massaging the face and neck, and applying a mask for your specific skin type.
What are the steps of a professional facial?
Here are the basic steps to a facial:
- Consultation. A facial should begin with a consultation.
- Skin Analysis.
- Exfoliation using a mechanical or chemical exfoliant.
- Facial massage.
- Facial Mask is targeted to your skin type (dry, oily, combination, sensitive, mature) and condition.
What is included in a facial?
Essentially, a facial treatment usually includes steaming, exfoliation, and extraction. Other providers will incorporate facial masks, peels, and facial massages. It essentially depends on the package you purchase and your provider.
What are the steps for a basic facial?
- Step 1: Cleanse. In order to maximize every step, the idea is to start with a clean slate.
- Step 2: Exfoliate.
- Step 3: Steam.
- Step 4: Extract.
- Step 5: Mask.
- Step 6: Treat.
- Step 7: Moisturize.
- Step 8: Massage.
What should I ask for at a facial?
Asking your esthetician the right questions prior to your facial can help avoid a serious skin reaction and have you on the fast track to glowing skin.
- Ask your Esthetician:
- Question #2: “What Treatment Do You Recommend For My Skin?”
- Question #3: “What Modalities Do You Have?”
- Question #4: “What Products Are You Using?”
What can I expect at my esthetician consultation?
Your esthetician will meet with you to analyze your skin and discuss your skin care objectives. Using advanced products and treatments, he or she will recommend a personal skin care regimen to help improve your skin’s texture, tone, and overall appearance.
What is a virtual facial?
Skin-care experts refer to this kind of socially distanced facial as a “virtual skin session” — a new form of tele-beauty in which an aesthetician examines your complexion through HD Zoom or an iPhone’s retina display. (It’s only apropos, since that’s how most people see us nowadays).
What is a skin care consultant?
Skin care consultants create personalized skin care formulas for their clients after meeting with them to discuss their skin type, address their questions or concerns and determine their style preferences. Their duties primarily involve advising clients on which makeup, beauty and skin care products to purchase.
What is the last step of the facial procedure checklist?
The final steps: Toner, serums, moisturizers, etc. The last steps in your facial are important. Your esthetician will use a toner which acts as a vehicle to deliver the final products deep into your skin. Serum and/or concentrate is then applied to focus on your skin concerns.
What does a 60 minute facial consist of?
This 60-minute service is a relaxing back service. The Back Facial has many steps that leaves the back looking and feeling balanced and fresh. It consists of a cleanse, steam, extractions if needed, mask, and moisturizer.
What’s involved in a facial?
What should be analyzed before giving a facial treatment?
Before any facial, a professional esthetician should perform a skin analysis to familiarize themselves with your particular skin better, assess its condition, and look for any underlying issues. Skin analysis helps them form a diagnosis to provide proper treatment and at-home regimen recommendations.
How do you write a good skin analysis?
Throughout the analytical process, the professional should approach the face methodically, first looking at the overall skin, then focusing on specific areas, making sure to work around the entire face and neck. Touching the skin is also important, to feel for elasticity and texture.