How do you cite Antigone in text?
For references to Antigone, put abbreviated name of play (Ant.) in parentheses with page number. For references to Inherit the Wind, use authors’ names and page number in parentheses (Lawrence and Lee 25). Short quotes — If you quote text of three lines or less, simply incorporate the lines into your text.
How do you cite a play in MLA?
Citing a Play
- Format: Author. Title of Play in Italics. Title of Textbook, edited by Editor Name, edition, vol.
- Example: Hansberry, Lorraine. A Raisin in the Sun. The Norton Anthology of African American Literature,
- Format: Author. Title of Play in Italics. Edition, Publisher, Year.
- Example: Sophocles. Antigone.
How do you cite a play in APA?
Works Cited: Playwright last name, First name. Play Title. Publisher, edition (if applicable), publication year.
How do you cite Shakespeare in MLA?
Shakespeare, William. Play Title. Collection Title, edition, edited by Editor first name Last name, Publisher, Year, pp. Page range.
How do you cite Sophocles in APA?
- APA (7th ed.) Citation. Sophocles, Fagles, R., & Knox, B. (1984). The three Theban plays.
- Chicago Style (17th ed.) Citation. Sophocles, Robert Fagles, and Bernard Knox. The Three Theban Plays.
- MLA (8th ed.) Citation. Sophocles, et al. The Three Theban Plays.
How do you cite homer in text?
Lastname, Firstname. Title of the Book: Plus a Subtitle. Edited/ Translated by Firstname Lastname, Publisher, Year of Publication. Homer.
How do you cite Antigone in MLA?
MLA (7th ed.) Braun. Antigone. New York: Oxford University Press, 1989. Print.
How do you quote a play in text MLA?
When citing a play with numbered lines, the MLA parenthetical citation should include the author name and the act, scene and line number(s). If the lines are not numbered, include the page number instead.
How do you cite a play in APA in text 7?
Here is the basic format for a reference list entry of a play in APA style 7th edition:
- Author(s) of the play.
- (Year of publication).
- Title of the play.
How do you cite a play in an essay?
To cite a specific quotation from a play in MLA style, place the quotation in quotation marks (using slashes to indicate line breaks) and end with a parenthetical citation of author, name of play, and then page/act (for prose plays) or act/scene/line(s) (for verse).
When was Antigone written?
441 BCAntigone / Premiere date
How do you cite homer in APA?
If you quote or reference a primary source in your paper, the source should be cited using in-‐text parenthetical citations. The name of the author (e.g. Homer) and the specific work (e.g. Iliad or Odyssey) are abbreviated.
How do you cite homer from the Odyssey?
- MLA. Homer. The Odyssey. London : New York :W. Heinemann; G.P. Putnam’s sons, 1919.
- APA. Homer. ( 1919). The Odyssey. London : New York :W. Heinemann; G.P. Putnam’s sons,
- Chicago. Homer. The Odyssey. London : New York :W. Heinemann; G.P. Putnam’s sons, 1919.
How do you cite a play in a textbook?
Published Play in a Book in MLA Style In your works cited, a play from a published book will include the playwright, book title, publisher and year.
How do you cite a play title?
Italicize titles if the source is self-contained and independent. Titles of books, plays, films, periodicals, databases, and websites are italicized. Place titles in quotation marks if the source is part of a larger work. Articles, essays, chapters, poems, webpages, songs, and speeches are placed in quotation marks.
How do you reference a play?
How do you cite Shakespeare lines?
Place a parenthetical reference after each quotation containing its act, scene, and line numbers separated by periods. Do not use page numbers. Cite line-number ranges under 100 like this: 34–37. Above 100, repeat only the last two digits of the second number: 211–12 (but of course, 397–405 and 96–102).
How do you cite a quote from a play?