How do I wipe my Mac OS X 10.5 hard drive?
- Insert the Mac OS X Install disc that came with your computer, then restart the computer while holding the C key.
- When your computer finishes starting up from the disc, choose Disk Utility from the Installer menu.
- Click the Erase tab.
How do I completely reset my Mac OS X?
If you haven’t upgraded already, it’s easiest to factory reset a Mac that’s running Monterey.
- Make a fresh backup of your Mac.
- Open System Preferences.
- Click System Preferences in the menu bar > Erase All Contents and Settings.
- Follow the prompts to fully erase your Mac.
How do I restore my Mac OS X 10.9 5 to factory settings?
How to reset a MacBook Air or MacBook Pro
- Hold down the Command and R keys on the keyboard and turn on the Mac.
- Select your language and continue.
- Choose Disk Utility and click Continue.
- Choose your startup disk (named Macintosh HD by default) from the sidebar and click the Erase button.
How do I wipe my 2010 Macbook Pro hard drive?
As it’s loading hold the Command button and the R key. Something will come up called OS X Utilities. Click on Disk Utility and click on “Mac OS Extended”. Then, click Erase.
How do I factory reset my 2009 iMac?
To reset your Mac, first restart your computer. Then press and hold Command + R until you see the Apple logo. Next, go to Disk Utility > View > View all devices, and choose the top drive. Next, click Erase, fill out the required details, and hit Erase again.
Why can’t I erase my macOS base system?
Can I delete the macOS Base System? No, You can’t delete macOS Base System, nor you should. It is what gives you access to the macOS Utilities installed in the recovery partition. Without it, you can’t reinstall operating systems or fix problems when your Mac fails to boot up.
How do I factory reset my iMac 2010?
How do I factory reset my IMAC 2012?
Hold down the Command and R keys as soon as you hear the Mac tone indicating a reboot. Wait for the macOS Utilities screen to appear, then click Disk Utility. Choose your Mac’s system drive, usually named Macintosh HD, then click Erase.
How do I wipe my 2008 macbook?
How to Wipe a Mac With an M1 Chip
- Turn on your Mac and continue to press and hold the power button until the startup options window comes up.
- When the Utilities window appears, select Disk Utility.
- In the sidebar, choose Macintosh HD.
- Click the “Erase” button, then select a file system format and enter a name for it.
How do I wipe my old 2009 Macbook?
- Start the installation process by booting with the C key down.
- Slect the language and continue to the next screen.
- You will see a Menu bar on the top of the screen.
- When DU is running, select the hard drive on the left and click Erase.
- After the Erase is done, quit DU.
- Continue with the OS installation.