How do I get to folder Options?
Open the Control Panel. Change the View by option to Large icons or Small icons. Click File Explorer Options to open Folder Options. Press the WIN + R keys together to open the Run command box, and then type control.exe folders and press Enter to access Folder Options.
How do I change folder options?
Change Folder Options
- In the desktop, click or tap the File Explorer button on the taskbar.
- Click or tap the Options button on the View tab, and then click or tap Change folder and search options.
- Click or tap the General tab.
- Select a Browse folders option to display each folder in the same window or its own window.
How do I change folder options in Windows?
Click on Control Panel. In the upper right corner of the Control Panel window, click on the View By drop down menu and make sure that Large Icons or Small Icons is selected. Click Folder Options. The Folder Options window will open with the General tab selected by default.
Where is folder option?
Accessing Folder Options To access Folder Options : From the Start menu, open Control Panel. In Windows 7, click Appearance and Personalization, and then Folder Options. In Windows Vista and XP, double-click Folder Options.
How do I get to folder Options in Windows?
Press Windows logo + E keys together to open Windows Explorer or File Explorer dialog box. Step 2. Click on the View in the menu and then Options in the ribbon to open the Folder Options dialog.
What are folder Options?
The Folder Options dialog is used to change the appearance and presentation of the files currently displayed in the file display (this is known as the folder format).
How do I reset folder view options?
Open File Explorer. Browse to the location of the folder that you want to customize. Right-click the folder, and select the Properties option. Click the Customize tab….
- (Optional) Check the Also apply this template to all subfolders option.
- Click the Apply button.
- Click the OK button.
How do you make all folder views the same?
Locate and open the folder that has the view setting that you want to use for all folders. On the Tools menu, click Folder Options. On the View tab, click Apply to All Folders. Click Yes, and then click OK.
How do I restore the default desktop folder?
- open regedit.
- navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders.
- in the right-hand pane find the entry called Desktop.
- go to the folder it points to and move that to your new location.
How do I change the default view for all files and folders?
Here’s what you should do:
- Open any folder and set its view to “Details” (which is the one you want, right?)
- ON that same folder, click the tab “View” on the top, then “Options” at the far right and select “Change folder and search options”.
- On the windows “Folder options” that will show up, click the tab “View”.
How do I change the default folder view to details?
How to Get File Explorer to Display Details by Default
- In Windows File Explorer, in the View menu/ribbon, in Layout, click on Details.
- On the far right of the ribbon, click on Options, then Change folder and search options.
- In the resulting dialog click on the View tab.
- Click Apply.
- Click Apply to all Folders.
How do I fix my desktop location?
Solution 2. Restore the Default Path
- Step 1: Launch File Explorer.
- Step 2: Find the “Desktop” folder, right-click it, and select “Properties”.
- Step 3: Switch to the “Location tab”.
- Step 4: Restart your PC and check if your problem is fixed on startup.
How do I change the folder options in Windows 7?
From the Start menu, open Control Panel . In Windows 7, click Appearance and Personalization, and then Folder Options. In Windows Vista and XP, double-click Folder Options . The Folder Options window in Windows 7 and Vista contains three tabs: General, View, and Search. The Folder Options window in Windows…
What are the different options in the folder options window?
The Folder Options window in Windows 7 and Vista contains three tabs: General, View, and Search. The Folder Options window in Windows XP contains four tabs: General, View, File Types, and Offline Files. The following options are available in the General tab of the Folder Options window:
How do I open the folder options in Windows XP?
In Windows Vista and XP, double-click Folder Options . The Folder Options window in Windows 7 and Vista contains three tabs: General, View, and Search. The Folder Options window in Windows XP contains four tabs: General, View, File Types, and Offline Files.
How do I change the folder view in Windows XP?
Windows XP. To apply your current folder settings to all folders on your computer, from the Folder Options window, click the View tab. In the “Folder views” section, click Apply to All Folders. To further customize your folder view, edit the options under “Advanced settings:”.