How do I get a DD 215 form?

How do I get a DD 215 form?

How To Get A DD Form 215

  1. Sign in.
  2. Click on Correspondence/ Documentation.
  3. Select Defense Personnel Records Information (DPRIS) from the drop-down menu.
  4. Choose the Personnel File tab.
  5. Select Request My Personnel File.
  6. Fill out the form.
  7. In the Document Index section, select DD 215.
  8. Click on the Create and Send Request button.

What is a DD215 document?

What Is DD Form 215? DD Form 215, Correction to DD Form 214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty is a supplement to the DD Form 214 with any corrections that had been requested by a veteran and approved by a review board.

What is a military dd215?

If you are in need of a correction to your Certificate of Release of Discharge from Active Duty (DD Form 214), you must submit a written request for a correction (DD Form 215) and include a copy of your DD Form 214.

How do I get my military records corrected?

If you believe you are the victim of an error or injustice which affects your military record, you may apply for a Correction of Military Records by completing and submitting a DD Form 149, Application for Correction of Military Record. Submit your completed DD Form 149 to the appropriate address on page 2 of the form.

Are you a veteran if you have a DD214?

The DD 256 and 257 are issued when the person has not met the active duty requirements to be considered a veteran by the DoD. But having a DD214 form doesn’t automatically mean you are a veteran! What is truly bothersome is that people who have served but don’t qualify as a veteran can request a DD214.

How long does it take to correct military records?

Depending on the offices involved, these actions can take 3-4 months to complete after a BCNR decision is published. In pay cases, the Defense Finance and Accounting System must take additional action after a record is corrected. This often results in additional delay.

What is DD in military?

Dishonorable discharge, a punitive discharge in the U.S. military.