How do I add words to the y axis in Excel?
Click the chart, and then click the Chart Design tab. Click Add Chart Element > Axis Titles, and then choose an axis title option. Type the text in the Axis Title box. To format the title, select the text in the title box, and then on the Home tab, under Font, select the formatting that you want.
How do you make a graph with words instead of numbers?
To show text instead of the number labels on the X axis, you need to add an additional series with the values 1 to 5. Add this series to the chart (copy the cells with the numbers 1 to 5, select the chart, use paste special and hit OK). Format the new series and change the chart type to XY Scatter.
How do you change the y axis values in numbers?
Click on your plot and then on the right side at the top you should see 4 tabs as Chart, Axis, Series and Arrange. Select the Axis tab. The pane that appears now will allow you to change the axis. In this pane chose the the y-axis.
How do you add text to a graph?
Insert a text box on a chart
- Click the chart to which you want to add a text box.
- On the Format tab, click Insert Shapes, and then click the Text Box icon .
- In the chart, click where you want to start a corner of the text box, and then drag until the text box is the size that you want.
How do I make text Axis in Excel?
Your chart uses text from its source data for these axis labels….Change the text of the labels
- Right-click the category labels you want to change, and click Select Data.
- In the Horizontal (Category) Axis Labels box, click Edit.
- In the Axis label range box, enter the labels you want to use, separated by commas.
How do I make a text data graph in Excel?
Select Range to Create a Graph from Workbook Data
- Highlight the cells that contain the data you want to use in your graph by clicking and dragging your mouse across the cells.
- Your cell range will now be highlighted in gray.
- Once the text is highlighted you can select a graph (which Excel refers to as chart).
How do I add text to a vertical axis in sheets?
Double-click the chart you want to change. At the right, click Customize. Click Vertical axis. Make the changes you want.
How do I add numbers to an axis in Excel?
To change the format of numbers on the value axis:
- Right-click the value axis labels you want to format.
- Click Format Axis.
- In the Format Axis pane, click Number.
- Choose the number format options you want.
- To keep numbers linked to the worksheet cells, check the Linked to source box.
How do I change axis name in numbers?
Modify axis labels
- Tap the chart, then tap .
- Tap Style, then tap Labels.
- Do any of the following: Modify markings on the Value (Y) axis: Tap Value Labels under Value (Y) Axis.
- Use the controls to make any adjustments.
- If you turn on Axis Name, Numbers adds a placeholder axis name to the chart.
Can I add text to a graph in Excel?
Click the chart to which you want to add a text box. In the chart, click where you want to start a corner of the text box, and then drag until the text box is the size that you want. In the text box, type the text that you want. The text will wrap in the text box.
How do you change the text direction of the vertical axis title to horizontal in Excel?
In the Format Axis dialog box, click Text Options. Under Text Box, do one or more of the following: In the Vertical alignment box, click the vertical alignment position that you want. In the Text direction box, click the text orientation that you want.
Can you graph text in Excel?
To create a graph in Excel, follow the steps below. Highlight the cells that contain the data you want to use in your graph by clicking and dragging your mouse across the cells. Your cell range will now be highlighted in gray. Once the text is highlighted you can select a graph (which Excel refers to as chart).
Can you chart text entries in Excel?
Excel can only plot numbers, not text. At least one axis has to be a value axis. The other one can be text.