How do I activate iMessage with my phone number?
On your iPhone:
- Go to Settings > Messages and make sure that iMessage is on.
- Tap Send & Receive.
- In the “You can receive iMessages to and Reply From” section, make sure that your phone number and Apple ID are selected.
Does Apple have iMessage records?
Apple may record and store some information related to your use of the Messages app and the iMessage service to operate and improve Apple’s products and services: Apple may store information about your use of iMessage in a way that doesn’t identify you.
How do I change the default number on my iPhone text Messages?
To switch numbers before sending a message, follow the instructions below.
- From the Home screen, tap. Messages.
- Tap the. Compose icon.
- Enter your contact’s name.
- Tap the current mobile number (e.g., Primary).
- Tap the mobile number you want to use (e.g., Primary, Secondary, etc.).
Why is iMessage not working on Mac?
Turn it off, reboot your device, then turn it back on using the same method. On a Mac, launch the Messages app and select Messages > Preferences from the menu bar. Go to the iMessage tab, and under your Apple ID, uncheck Enable Messages in iCloud. Reboot your Mac, then turn this setting back on.
How do I enable iMessage on Mac?
Set up iMessage
- In the Messages app on your Mac, enter your Apple ID and password, then click Sign In. Make sure to sign in using the same Apple ID on every device.
- Choose Messages > Preferences, click iMessage, then select any of the following options: Store your messages in iCloud: Select Enable Messages in iCloud.
Why won’t my number connect to iMessage?
Go to Settings > Messages and make sure that iMessage is on. You might need to wait a moment for it to activate. Tap Send & Receive. If you see “Use your Apple ID for iMessage,” tap it and sign in with the same Apple ID that you use on your Mac, iPad, and iPod touch.
How do I get iMessage to use my phone number instead of my email?
How to start iMessage conversations from your phone number instead of your email address
- Open Settings and tap Messages.
- Tap Send & Receive.
- Under “Start New Conversations From,” tap your phone number instead of your email.
How do I see iMessage history on Mac?
How Do I Find My iMessage Archive and See Missing or Old iMessages on My Mac?
- To access your past conversations, launch Finder > Go Menu.
- Type in your user library using ~/Library and press the Go button.
- In the Library folder, choose the Messages Folder.
Can you have 2 phone numbers on one iPhone?
With iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPhone 13 Pro, iPhone 13, and iPhone 13 mini, you can use Dual SIM with either two active eSIMs or a nano-SIM and an eSIM. iPhone 12 models, iPhone 11 models, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and iPhone XR, feature Dual SIM with a nano-SIM and an eSIM.
How do I prioritize phone numbers on iPhone?
“To change the default phone number or email address for a contact method, touch and hold the button for that method below the contact’s name, then tap a selection in the list.” Have a fantastic day!
How do I connect iMessage to my Mac?
How to set up iMessage on Mac
- Click on the Messages app icon in your Dock.
- Go to Messages > Preferences > iMessage.
- Make sure you have the Apple ID here that you want.
- Check Enable Messages in iCloud.
- Select how you want to be reached (phone number, email).
- Check Send read receipts if you want that feature enabled.
Why is iMessage not working on my Mac?
Why isn’t my iMessage syncing with my Mac?
On your iPhone: Go to Settings > Messages > Toggle off iMessage > Wait a few seconds and turn it back on. On your Mac: Open Messages app and click on Preferences > Choose Accounts> Click Sign Out > Wait a few seconds then sign back in.
Why is my phone number not working on iMessage Mac?
Why is my iMessage on Mac coming up as email?
This can be done by going to settings -> messages -> send & receive; and tapping the option, which reads something to the effect of “use appleID for iMessage”. Once it logs in and activated, Apple will associate the phone number with your email address and it should show up on the Mac.
How do I change my iMessage from email to phone number on Mac?
For Messages, choose Messages > Preferences, then click iMessage. For FaceTime, choose FaceTime > Preferences, then click Settings. Turn your phone number on or off: To turn on your phone number, select it and your Apple ID in the list.
Is there a way to view iMessage history?
How to view your iMessage history. You can view your iMessage history by tapping Messages and then scrolling through your conversations. If your device is set to never delete conversations, all messages will be stored on your device and you can look through them.