Can I still file taxes for 2008?

Can I still file taxes for 2008?

It’s not too late to file 2008 taxes! * The IRS does not allow electronic filing of prior year tax returns, and the deadline for 2008 electronic filing has passed on October 15, 2009. You may still prepare your 2008 taxes using our website.

How do I get my old 1040 from H&R Block?

Go to the Taxes tab, then choose Prior Years from the navigation bar at the top of your screen. From there, you can view your return summaries or download and print individual returns. If you filed with H&R Block Free Online, you can pay a small fee and get access to your prior-year return.

How do I get my tax return from 2008?

To order by phone, call 800-908-9946 and follow the prompts in the recorded message. To request a 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ tax return transcript through the mail, complete IRS Form 4506T-EZ, Short Form Request for Individual Tax Return Transcript.

How long does H&R Block keep records?

six years
In fact, we keep your available returns in our storage vault for six years — so you can download or print a copy of your prior-year return anytime.

How do I obtain old tax returns?

Order a Transcript

  1. Online Using Get Transcript. They can use Get Transcript Online on to view, print or download a copy of all transcript types.
  2. By phone. The number is 800-908-9946.
  3. By mail. Taxpayers can complete and send either Form 4506-T or Form 4506T-EZ to the IRS to get one by mail.

How do I get my old w2 from H&R Block?

Call (800) 908-9946 or go to Get Transcript by Mail.

How far back can I get tax records from the IRS?

Copies of tax returns Taxpayers who need an actual copy of a tax return can get one for the current tax year and as far back as six years.

Where can I see my tax history?

Other ways to find your account information

  • You can request an Account Transcript by mail.
  • If you’re a business, or an individual who filed a form other than 1040, you can obtain a transcript by submitting Form 4506-T, Request for Transcript of Tax Return.
  • Find more assistance.