Are they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength?
“But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint” (Isa. 40:31).
What does waiting upon the Lord means?
In the scriptures, the word wait means to hope, to anticipate, and to trust. To hope and trust in the Lord requires faith, patience, humility, meekness, long-suffering, keeping the commandments, and enduring to the end. To wait upon the Lord means planting the seed of faith and nourishing it (see Alma 32:41).
How do I renew my spiritual strength?
10 Ways to Renew Yourself Spiritually
- Has Your Spiritual Practice Plateaued? For ages, human beings have longed to know their true nature.
- Time to Refresh.
- Go on a Retreat.
- Be of Service.
- Immerse Yourself in Nature.
- Start a New Morning Ritual.
- Observe a Sabbath.
- Read a Spiritual Text.
What does the Bible mean when it says wait on the Lord?
What does it mean to wait upon the Lord?
What do I do while waiting on God?
10 Things to Do While You’re Waiting on God
- Believe that the God who saved you hears your cries (Micah 7:7).
- Watch with expectancy, but be prepared for unexpected answers (Psalm 5:3).
- Put your hope in his Word (Psalm 130:5-6).
- Trust in the Lord, not in your own understanding (Proverbs 3:5-6).
How do you wait upon the Lord?
9 Ways We Are To Wait Upon the Lord
- Acknowledging God’s sovereign control of all things.
- Coming to terms with our dependence upon God.
- Seeking spiritual strength from the Lord.
- Being patient and quiet.
- Refraining from needless fear and worry.
- Continuing to learn and obey God’s commands.
- Expecting the Lord to save.
How do I wait upon the Lord?
What do I do while waiting on the Lord?
What happens when your spirit is broken?
A deadening of your spirit, such that you sometimes can’t feel joy, experience intimacy or cry appropriate tears numbing inside you. Skin problems, stomach irritations and other stress related symptoms that may be because of the traumatic incidents from your past.
How do we wait upon the Lord?
To wait upon the Lord means planting the seed of faith and nourishing it (see Alma 32:41). It means praying as the Savior did—to God, our Heavenly Father—saying: “Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done” (Matthew 6:10; Luke 11:2). It is a prayer we offer with our whole souls in the name of our Savior, Jesus Christ.
What are the benefits of waiting on the Lord?
As we wait upon the Lord, we are to grow in knowledge of him and his commands for us. And we are to be diligent to seek him and apply his law to our lives. And why? So that we might stay close to God our Father and avoid drifting into error or patterns of disobedience.