Are there different size rivet guns?
Shop for Rivet Guns Riveters are measured by their width, length and depth. The lengths of most riveters range from 200 to 460mm (8 to 18″). Riveter widths generally range from 80 to 240mm (3 to 9″). They normally range in depth from 20 to 58mm (1 to 2″).
Why does my rivet gun keep jamming?
Re: Rivet tool keeps jamming In practise wear and tolerence’s mean that the spreading action is not sufficient. You can try using a small washer under the rivetting head but you may need to bend this slightly to the correct shape. This should allow the jaws to be spread further allowing it to release the needle.
What is the best pop rivet gun?
Best Rivet Guns Reviews & Recommendations 2021
- Best Overall. Astro Pneumatic Tool PR14 Air Riveter. Check Latest Price.
- Best Value. Marson 39000 HP-2 Professional Hand Riveter.
- Best for DIYers. WETOLS Rivet Nut Tool.
- Easiest To Use. WORKPRO 10-inch Heavy Duty Rivet Gun.
- Honorable Mention. Eastvolt Rivet Nut Tool.
How do I find the right size rivet?
The length of the rivet should be equal to the thickness of both objects you are fastening, plus 1.5 times the diameter of the rivet’s stem. 3/32” (2MM) FOR UP TO 3/32” (2MM) THICKNESS. 1/8” (3MM) FOR UP TO 1/8” (3MM) THICKNESS. 1/4” (6MM) FOR UP TO 1/4” (6MM) THICKNESS.
What should I look for in a rivet gun?
When looking for the best rivet gun for the application, you want a tool that has the appropriate amount of power and that gives you speed and efficiency. Choosing the best tool is often a matter of selecting a rivet gun that can handle the volume of fasteners you need to set.
What size hole do I drill for a 3/16 rivet?
0.192 – 0.196
|Nom. Rivet Dia.||Hole Size||Drill No.|
|3/32||0.097 – 0.100||#41|
|1/8||0.129 – 0.133||#30|
|5/32||0.160 – 0.164||#20|
|3/16||0.192 – 0.196||#11|
How do you select rivets?
How to Choose Rivets
- Choose a rivet that’s made of the same material as the items you are going to fasten.
- Select the correct length for your rivet.
- Compare blind versus solid rivets.
- Evaluate corrosion-resistance.
- Consider the diameter of the rivet.
- Think about the different head designs that are available.
What happens if a rivet is too long?
Actual rivet length is longer that the grip range. If the rivet’s grip is too short, it creates a weak joint. If the grip is too long, the cost of the rivet will be unnecessarily high and the rivet may interfere with blind-side clearance.
Can you replace rivets with bolts?
The need to replace rivets with screws may arise from a mechanical failure of the rivets or from a need for access behind some riveted sheet metal. It is your choice whether you utilize a simple sheet-metal screw or a short machine screw with a nut to hold the screw in place.